From 6th to 8th June, Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV) hosted the 13th IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting in Valencia, Spain. The objective of this Symposium is serving as a forum for the presentation and exchange of technical advances in the areas of multimedia broadcasting, telecommunications, consumer electronics, and networking technologies.
In such scenario, 5G-MEDIA hosted a dedicated workshop on “Media delivery innovations using flexible network models in 5G”. Our colleague Juan Pedro López from UPM was in charge of chairing this workshop with the objective of presenting the advances in 5G delivery networks for new media services, emphasizing the 5G-MEDIA Use Cases with 5 different technical papers.
The following publications were presented at the IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting:
- Madeleine Keltsch, Sebastian Prokesch, Oscar Prieto Gordo, Igor Fritzsch, Javier Serrano and Truong Khoa Phan. “Remote production and mobile contribution over 5G networks: scenarios, requirements and approaches for broadcast quality media streaming”. June 2018.
- Stamatia Rizou, Panagiotis Athanasoulis, Pasquale Andriani, Francesco Iadanza, Gino Carrozzo, David Breitgand, Avi Weit, David Griffin, David Jimenez, Ugur Acar and Oscar Prieto Gordo. “A service platform architecture enabling programmable edge-to-cloud virtualization for the 5G Media industry”. June 2018.
- Juan Pedro López, David Jiménez, Juan Antonio Rodrigo, Nuria Sánchez, Jose Manuel Menendez, Federico Álvarez and Jose Maria Lalueza. “Virtualized Module for Distributed Quality Assessment Applied to Video Streaming in 5G Networks Environments”. June 2018.
- Alexandros Doumanoglou, Nikolaos Zioulis, David Griffin, Javier Serrano, Truong Khoa Phan, David Jiménez, Dimitrios Zarpalas, Federico Álvarez, Miguel Rio and Petros Daras. “A System Architecture for Live Immersive 3D-Media Transcoding over 5G Networks”. June 2018.
- Gino Carrozzo, Francesca Moscatelli, Gabriel Solsona, Oscar Prieto Gordo, Madeleine Keltsch and Martin Schmalohr. “Virtual CDNs over 5G networks: scenarios and requirements for ultra-high definition media distribution”. June 2018.
This post is also available in: Spanish